Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR does not generate a list of "available cars" in Setting

My iPhone XR does not generate a list of "available cars" in Settings. Has anyone else seen this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 6:51 PM

Which owner's manual, the one for the car? The iPhone will not display any car models unless your vehicle is connected to the phone. You may wish to bring the vehicle and the phone to your Chevy dealer and ask for help with their system.

5 replies

Aug 12, 2019 6:46 PM in response to SravanKrA

I go to "Settings" then to "General" then to"CarPlay" then I see my Chevy "MyLink" which I have installed before, and works well, altho only with a USB connection (It's a 2017), and on the same screen, lower, I see "other cars" with a pinwheel that never stops. The owner's manual says I should see a list of models, and I should choose mine. I wonder if there is something wrong with my phone. ApplePay as been unreliable for a couple days.

Aug 15, 2019 5:40 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

It turned out that there was a problem with the software in the car. "We've seen this before, but once and it was 6 months ago." It was gratifying, since I had the time, to see my salesman, his supervisor, then two service people take on the problem with total confidence, and being puzzled, as I had been. To their great credit, they figured out that they had to update or somehow patch the software in the car, which took half an hour but worked, and the problem is solved. I want to be clear that I LOVE the car, am working to learn the menus, and that the dealership is superb, always willing to help me.

My iPhone XR does not generate a list of "available cars" in Setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.