Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

move Photo from Library to Documents

How do I move a Photo from my Photos (within Library) to Documents ? Running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 on 2016 MacBook Pro.

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 2:26 AM

Do you want to remove the photo from your Photos library and save it in the Documents folder instead? Or do you want to have a copy to be used in other applications? I am not sure, what you want to achieve.

If you want to remove the photo from Photos and keep it in Documents instead, you may have to use the Export command twice, if the photo has been edited. The export command has two variants:

1. File > Export > Export unmodified Original: This will export the unmodified originals, just as you imported them. You should use this command, if you are planning to delete the photo from Photos. It is essential to save the image in the original quality.
  2. File > Export > Export ... photos: This will export a new image file with the adjustments applied. You can select the file format, the resolution (pixel size) and the quality, if you select a format with a lossy compression. Use this command, if you need to control the file size and quality for sharing the image with other applications.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 2:26 AM in response to northstar40601

Do you want to remove the photo from your Photos library and save it in the Documents folder instead? Or do you want to have a copy to be used in other applications? I am not sure, what you want to achieve.

If you want to remove the photo from Photos and keep it in Documents instead, you may have to use the Export command twice, if the photo has been edited. The export command has two variants:

1. File > Export > Export unmodified Original: This will export the unmodified originals, just as you imported them. You should use this command, if you are planning to delete the photo from Photos. It is essential to save the image in the original quality.
  2. File > Export > Export ... photos: This will export a new image file with the adjustments applied. You can select the file format, the resolution (pixel size) and the quality, if you select a format with a lossy compression. Use this command, if you need to control the file size and quality for sharing the image with other applications.

move Photo from Library to Documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.