Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bt listening on spotify

Hey i have a question about pairing my bt headphones with apple watch series 4.

I can't listen to music without my phone on spotify cause even if headphones are connect to the watch, spotify app force me to pick one of device like phone or computer and theres no my headphones to choose and if i do not choose anything, music will plays on the phone anyway unless theres internet connection. So theres no way to listen to music on spotify without taking and connecting headphones to the phone first? ;-(

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 5:10 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Spotify does not work with the Apple Watch. As far as I know the Spotify Apple Watch app is just a remote control for Spotify on the iPhone.

Best check with Spotify to see what they claim, as it is their product.

The Apple Watch can have your own music stored on the Apple Watch and you can play that. Apple Music can steam on the Apple Watch. I believe you can stream some radio stations. Podcasts can be transferred to the Apple Watch and those played. I think Pandora has a paid option to transfer playlists to the Apple Watch and play them.

Again, check with Spotify to see what options they have for the Apple Watch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 5:10 AM in response to JerzyQ

To the best of my knowledge, Spotify does not work with the Apple Watch. As far as I know the Spotify Apple Watch app is just a remote control for Spotify on the iPhone.

Best check with Spotify to see what they claim, as it is their product.

The Apple Watch can have your own music stored on the Apple Watch and you can play that. Apple Music can steam on the Apple Watch. I believe you can stream some radio stations. Podcasts can be transferred to the Apple Watch and those played. I think Pandora has a paid option to transfer playlists to the Apple Watch and play them.

Again, check with Spotify to see what options they have for the Apple Watch

bt listening on spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.