Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty on cracked screen of iPhone XS

Can I claim warranty replacement of cracked glass body and hairline crack on screen caused due to falling of my one month old iPhone XS which was secured in a flap type case?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 12:18 PM

If you have AppleCare+, you can use one of your Accidental Damage incidents. There will be deductible of $99.

If you do not have AppleCare+, you will need to pay for the repair. Damage is not covered by warranty.

6 replies

Aug 13, 2019 12:17 PM in response to mdanwar210

Not likely. You admit that it was due to being dropped. You could always try, but if there’s any signs of impact damage such as missing pieces from the cracks then no way. As it is, Apple is very skeptical even when it’s clearly a hairline crack from a manufacturing defect. I’ve seen blunt force cracks where there was a protective case and the shock caused the glass to crack, and inevitably there’s some missing chunks of glass.

Warranty on cracked screen of iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.