Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i mute the ring on iphone xr

How do I turn off the ringing sound on my iPhone XR when I am at church, or a movie etc

everything I find on the internet tells me how to do thins on previous models

Thanks

Dan

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 1:18 PM

Put your iPhone in Ring/Silent mode

When your iPhone is set to ring, ringtones, alerts, and sounds play through your iPhone speakers.

When your iPhone is set to silent, you won't hear ringtones or alerts, but other sounds will play through your iPhone speakers and your iPhone will vibrate.

These settings affect only your iPhone speaker. If you use a headset, sounds play through your headset, even if your iPhone is on silent.

Ring mode

To put your iPhone in Ring mode, move the switch so that orange isn't showing. 

Silent mode

To put your iPhone in Silent mode, move the switch so that orange is showing. 

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208353

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 1:18 PM in response to DanMccarter

Put your iPhone in Ring/Silent mode

When your iPhone is set to ring, ringtones, alerts, and sounds play through your iPhone speakers.

When your iPhone is set to silent, you won't hear ringtones or alerts, but other sounds will play through your iPhone speakers and your iPhone will vibrate.

These settings affect only your iPhone speaker. If you use a headset, sounds play through your headset, even if your iPhone is on silent.

Ring mode

To put your iPhone in Ring mode, move the switch so that orange isn't showing. 

Silent mode

To put your iPhone in Silent mode, move the switch so that orange is showing. 

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208353

Aug 14, 2019 8:05 AM in response to miskeecare

The problem is solved. On the iPhone XR there is only a volume up button and a volume down button omg the left hand side. I found by accident that if I use volume down button the phone goes into mute mode. if I hold down the volume up button it comes out of mute.

That is very cool but what would be just as cool is fi Apple put out a manual to tell me this

Aug 14, 2019 8:08 AM in response to DanMccarter

DanMccarter wrote:

The iPhone XR only has two buttons on the left side both are volume control buttons. One to increase the volume and another to decrease it.

You have a really strange XR. My XR has the two volume buttons, and above them the Mute switch, as shown in the images already posted. Do you have an ill-fitting case that is covering the mute switch, perhaps? Or do you have a counterfeit XR?

how do i mute the ring on iphone xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.