Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting phone number to MacBook?

I'm having an issue where I can not connect my phone number to my MacBook and I can not figure out how to sync my messages from my phone to my MacBook. (Whenever I text through my MacBook it is sent to the other users as my email)

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 7:30 PM

That’s all based on logging in from the same Apple ID, and enabling what Apple calls Continuity.

That all involves some setup for telephone numbers and for forwarding messages via SMS.

If that sequence is what you’re using, then try logging out of your Apple ID on everything, rebooting everything, and logging in again.

If you’re getting any errors or diagnostics, what are those?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 7:30 PM in response to Marcus732

That’s all based on logging in from the same Apple ID, and enabling what Apple calls Continuity.

That all involves some setup for telephone numbers and for forwarding messages via SMS.

If that sequence is what you’re using, then try logging out of your Apple ID on everything, rebooting everything, and logging in again.

If you’re getting any errors or diagnostics, what are those?

Connecting phone number to MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.