Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps backup

hello,

Im trying to back up my apps from a previous phone through Icloud and backing up my phone on my Macbook but the apps wont transfer to the new phone

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 5:41 AM

Apps are not contained in either backup. You don’t backup your apps through iCloud. Your purchase history is contained in your backups and when you restore a backup, the purchased apps should begin to download from the cloud during the restore process. You have to leave your device connected to WiFi in order for the process to complete. It can take several hours.

If it doesn’t start automatically, you can go the the purchased section of the App Store and start downloading apps on your own.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

If none of this helps, explain what you did in detail so we can better understand what you are experiencing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 5:41 AM in response to urjowan

Apps are not contained in either backup. You don’t backup your apps through iCloud. Your purchase history is contained in your backups and when you restore a backup, the purchased apps should begin to download from the cloud during the restore process. You have to leave your device connected to WiFi in order for the process to complete. It can take several hours.

If it doesn’t start automatically, you can go the the purchased section of the App Store and start downloading apps on your own.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

If none of this helps, explain what you did in detail so we can better understand what you are experiencing.

Apps backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.