Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System storage on iPhone 8

My son has a 64gb iPhone 8. He cannot download or do anything on it because the System storage is 56gb!! I checked my phone and it is 13gb. How do I fix this??

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 7:42 AM

Although a bit drastic, restoring the phone should take care of the storage problem as it would return it back to its original "out-of-the-box" condition. I'm surprised if you got to this step that didn't resolve the issue. The key before performing a restore is to have a recent backup of the phone to either iTunes or iCloud as the restore process itself will "wipe clean" the device.

If you actually did the restore and that didn't help, then the last step would be to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 7:42 AM in response to chantelleh77

Although a bit drastic, restoring the phone should take care of the storage problem as it would return it back to its original "out-of-the-box" condition. I'm surprised if you got to this step that didn't resolve the issue. The key before performing a restore is to have a recent backup of the phone to either iTunes or iCloud as the restore process itself will "wipe clean" the device.

If you actually did the restore and that didn't help, then the last step would be to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look.

System storage on iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.