Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Crash

My old version of iMovie crashed and is filled with a bunch of corrupt files. It opens, but as soon as you try to edit or make any changes it crashed the whole computer.

So - I deleted it and downloaded a new version...., but somehow the new download is filled with all the old corrupt files and it crashes again.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 3:05 PM

How old a version? What's its version no?

If you want a version of iMovie 6 HD that will run on Mojave and before you can get it here. Look at the bottom right hand corner. All that was done was to change the version no. in one of the version.plist files inside the app.

3 replies

Aug 14, 2019 6:42 PM in response to johndisque

Update.... Thank you guys for your responses...

I didn't realize the old library would automatically be installed with the new iMovie.

Outside of iMove, I found the libraries (I had two of them) and deleted al contents of both. (I have a seperate file for everything important).

Then I deleted iMove again, re-downloaded again and ***Boom*** like brand new.

So.... If anyone has this issue (a corrupt file that's causing everything to crash)....., you have to find the library (stored outside the iMovie app) delete that and you should be good to go.

Thanks again Luis and Old Toad.

iMovie Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.