Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6s battery drain and jump

I bought a second hand iPhone 6s yesterday and set it up as a new iPhone, updated to most recent IOS and noticed the battery began to drain almost second by second. Checked battery health, says 87%. Did all the tips I could find on internet, stopped it draining second by second, but now it will jump percentages. It had a full charge and I started using the phone one hour ago, battery is now at 38% after jumping down from 62%.

I doubt I will get the money I paid back so is there anything I can do to sort the battery? Does it sound like it needs replaced?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:16 AM

This is an indicator that the battery is tired. Replace it and you'll be good to go.

Similar questions

1 reply

IPhone 6s battery drain and jump

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.