Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6+ touch screen issue

Hi,

Iphone touch screen suddenly responds crazily, typing different characters different from what I am pressing. Lock and unlock solves the issue.

Can advise if this is HW or SW problem?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 1:09 AM

Have you already tried a forced restart of your 6+? --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If you get no improvement, it could be a hardware problem, but we can't diagnose that kind of issue remotely. Have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 1:09 AM in response to stryker21

Have you already tried a forced restart of your 6+? --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If you get no improvement, it could be a hardware problem, but we can't diagnose that kind of issue remotely. Have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Aug 16, 2019 6:54 PM in response to stryker21

Well looks like it went from worse to worst. After restore and setup, the phone restarted and got stuck on boot screen. So I restored it again.

I can go to recovery mode and phone was detected. However, when the phone reboots to install the sw, the phone just shows the iphone logo without any status bar. In itunes, it only shows 'waiting for phone'.

Appreciate any help or suggestion. Thanks.

IPhone 6+ touch screen issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.