Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X calls not coming through

For the past year, I have had troubles with phone calls coming to me not ringing through. Everything else has worked fine, except for receiving phone calls. I visited my local carrier and they said the issue is not with them and to restart my phone frequently. I tried restarting the phone daily, but there were times after a few hours from restarting, I would get messages that someone was trying to call me but I received no indication that a call came through. I finally visited the Genius Bar last week to see what ideas they had. They reset all my settings, and if that didn't work to try a full reset. It didn't work, so I fully reset my phone a couple days ago. Today, I tried calling my IPhone from my work phone and the problem persists. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has came across this problem and any solutions? Thank you all.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Aug 19, 2019 9:36 AM in response to dinosaurlandIT

You've said that you don't see "Missed Call" show up on your lock screen either, correct? And you are getting notifications coming in from other apps such as your "New Voicemail" notification without problem?

Since you tried a full reset of your phone, did you set it up as a new phone or did you restore from backup? If you set up as new and still had the issue, it could be this is truly an issue with your carrier or maybe your sim card.

Aug 19, 2019 2:23 PM in response to mvan231

No missed call notification at all. The new voicemail notification usually isn't immediate, but does show up eventually.

I have not restored a backup since I fully reset it, thinking that it could have been something with the settings. I just tried it again today and am receiving the same issue. I have always figured it was a carrier issue, but after going to them a couple times and they say it is not their fault, I just wanted to try every resource before going back in.

IPhone X calls not coming through

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.