Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity to unsecured Wi-Fi public place

I seem to connect ok to an unsecured Wi-Fi in a hospital but can’t surf. It works fine on other networks. If I turn off Wi-Fi I can use 4g. Is there a setting I am missing

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 10:55 AM

There is probably a terms of use that requires your acknowledgement to use the network. Usually when you connect to such a network you're taken to a page to agree to terms of use, so if that's not happening maybe kill Safari, go back to Wi-Fi settings and forget this network. Then try connecting to it once again. If you're not immediately prompted to acknowledge their TOU, then open Safari and try to open any web page, you ought to be re-directed to a page where you accept the TOU.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 10:55 AM in response to Jhunteriv

There is probably a terms of use that requires your acknowledgement to use the network. Usually when you connect to such a network you're taken to a page to agree to terms of use, so if that's not happening maybe kill Safari, go back to Wi-Fi settings and forget this network. Then try connecting to it once again. If you're not immediately prompted to acknowledge their TOU, then open Safari and try to open any web page, you ought to be re-directed to a page where you accept the TOU.

Connectivity to unsecured Wi-Fi public place

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.