Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S is not restoring

iPhone 4S is not restoring via iTunes while it giving an error 29. There was 9.3.5 version installed on my iPhone and then an update comes with 9.3.6 and when i update it. My iPhone shuts down and then a message show that connect your phone with iTunes. I do same and connect my iPhone with iTunes and then update it it again download 9.3.6 from apple server and then i performs to update and after some time it show the error the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occurred 29.

It not restoring or not updating SW as well.

when i search it on Google i just find same result that replace your battery with original one. This is disgusting error i have face ever in my life. why i need to replace battery? My all personal data has been washed just because of this nonsense error. I am so disappointed from it. Is there any solution to fix it?

Looking forward to switch from apple to android.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:08 PM

If you see one of the errors below, you might have a hardware issue:

• 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 56

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
  2. Check your third-party security software.
  3. Make sure that your USB cable, computer, and network are reliable. Then try twice more to restore your iOS device.
  4. Check for outdated or modified software

If you still see the error, contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 12:08 PM in response to hafeezullahfrmpk

If you see one of the errors below, you might have a hardware issue:

• 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 56

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
  2. Check your third-party security software.
  3. Make sure that your USB cable, computer, and network are reliable. Then try twice more to restore your iOS device.
  4. Check for outdated or modified software

If you still see the error, contact Apple Support.

iPhone 4S is not restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.