Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card security

Does anyone know how a bank account number and a bank routing number entered on an iPhone for payments are protected?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 7:19 PM

I called Apple today and spoke with an Apple Card expert. She said bank and routing numbers stay on the device and are encrypted. Apple can't see them. When entered into the Wallet app, this becomes an agreement between you and your bank authorizing the bank to send money from your account to Goldman Sachs to pay on the balance of the card.

Payments can be made to Goldman Sachs in other ways, such as check, electronic payment from your bank (not using the Wallet process) and others.

If anything I have included is incorrect, please correct. Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 7:19 PM in response to Philly_Phan

I called Apple today and spoke with an Apple Card expert. She said bank and routing numbers stay on the device and are encrypted. Apple can't see them. When entered into the Wallet app, this becomes an agreement between you and your bank authorizing the bank to send money from your account to Goldman Sachs to pay on the balance of the card.

Payments can be made to Goldman Sachs in other ways, such as check, electronic payment from your bank (not using the Wallet process) and others.

If anything I have included is incorrect, please correct. Thanks.

Apple Card security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.