Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is Trash folder in Mac ?

I can only see "Move to Trash" ;

but there is no way to see what is inside the "recycle bin".

MacBook

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 11:55 PM

yes its invisible ;

I found this somewhere which help :

Choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu and provide ~/.Trash as the path. For the Trash on other drives, open them in the Finder and provide .Trashes/501 as the path; the number may vary, but will always be the same for a given Mac OS X user account.

(67967)

After you use goto, you can go to File > Add to Sidebar and have "Trash" there. You can't get the icon though this way.

===

All is well but when I close and open Finder this "Trash" folder in my sidebar change to "?"

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 11:55 PM in response to dialabrain

yes its invisible ;

I found this somewhere which help :

Choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu and provide ~/.Trash as the path. For the Trash on other drives, open them in the Finder and provide .Trashes/501 as the path; the number may vary, but will always be the same for a given Mac OS X user account.

(67967)

After you use goto, you can go to File > Add to Sidebar and have "Trash" there. You can't get the icon though this way.

===

All is well but when I close and open Finder this "Trash" folder in my sidebar change to "?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.