Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock iPhone via iCloud account

If I can lock my “lost” iPhone by using my iCloud account, why can’t I use iCloud to unlock my in hand iPhone but forgot its password to open the device?

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 6:33 AM

Thanks for responding. Understand about the security concerns; this could save much, especially for our elderly community members with a trusted family member (me) trying to provide support. Maybe one day... a feature add (again, I know, it would probably be exploited so... wishful thinking). I think her device is set to backup to the cloud... if so, just inconvenient... if not... oh boy...🤦🏽‍♂️

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 6:33 AM in response to sergekills

Thanks for responding. Understand about the security concerns; this could save much, especially for our elderly community members with a trusted family member (me) trying to provide support. Maybe one day... a feature add (again, I know, it would probably be exploited so... wishful thinking). I think her device is set to backup to the cloud... if so, just inconvenient... if not... oh boy...🤦🏽‍♂️

Unlock iPhone via iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.