Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want apple t o take money out of my account

I dont want to take money of my account

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 7:48 PM

If this is an email you received, has your credit card been charged? Are you sure the message is legitimate? Does it contain a link for you to sign in somewhere? It may be a scam. Check your purchases history.

Purchase History Review

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers .

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 7:48 PM in response to Bltyhe

If this is an email you received, has your credit card been charged? Are you sure the message is legitimate? Does it contain a link for you to sign in somewhere? It may be a scam. Check your purchases history.

Purchase History Review

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers .

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

I don't want apple t o take money out of my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.