Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2017 Creaking

My MacBook Air has a creaking noise from the right side of the trackpad , it just a small creak sound when I apply pressure on it ,but it is quite annoying . My question is will it damage the laptop itself ? Do all MacBook Air creaks?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 1:21 PM

Take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined. Either the Trackpad is misaligned, broken, or perhaps it just has dirt/liquid residue causing the Trackpad to bind or interfering with the motion of the Trackpad. Or perhaps the battery is beginning to swell which can cause issues with the Trackpad.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 1:21 PM in response to someGuy666

Take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined. Either the Trackpad is misaligned, broken, or perhaps it just has dirt/liquid residue causing the Trackpad to bind or interfering with the motion of the Trackpad. Or perhaps the battery is beginning to swell which can cause issues with the Trackpad.

MacBook Air 2017 Creaking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.