You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen died and fixed itself a month later.

I have a 2015 (Mid Sept) 15" Mac Book Pro with Retina display and about a month ago the screen shut down out of nowhere. I used the computer at work, packed it and when I got back home the screen wouldn't work.

I continued to use my computer using an external monitor. Since then my computer started getting EXTREMELY hot when plugged into its original Power Adapter while in use.

About a week ago, the screen came back to life with faded colors (see pictures below) . In two days the screen had gone back to normal and now works just fine.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or where it could come from. Even though the screen now works, I'd like to know what the cause might've been and what can I do to prevent it from happening again.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 6:38 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 17, 2019 4:30 PM in response to laliaramirez

I don't know. Could be the internal screen cable. Could be that maybe you accidentally pressed some of the accessibility key combos ? who knows for sure? You could reset the smc/pmu and zap the pram which wouldn't do you any harm. how to do that can be found on Apple's support page for Notebooks. As for your computer getting extremely hot, If you're sure there's nothing covering/blocking the vents when the computer is in use, eg you're using it on a hard surface, rather than on a blanket, and you've made sure there's no dust or crud blocking the vents, and you're sorta worried, then your next step might be to book an appointment at your local Genius Bar and take it in for an evaluation. That is free. I hope you have Apple Care + for peace of mind, maybe your home owners insurance might cover something ??? anyways, make the appointment and take it in. I don't work for Apple, so my opinion is just that, and it's free too

jb

Screen died and fixed itself a month later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.