Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen in iMac 27" - 2011

I have an imac 27 "core i5 of 2011 Model A1312 (EMC 2429), I recently started with a black screen while I'm working. The computer is still operating, but I can't see anything. I stop using it until it stops due to inactivity, I press a key and the black screen It disappears and I see the desk with the task I was doing. After a few minutes the black screen returns.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance for the possible help.

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 7:48 AM

Please attempt resetting the NVRAM and also restarting in Safe Mode first to see if either addresses the problem. Can you tell us which GPU your computer has?

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

Sep 6, 2019 7:46 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Yes 8 years. For these lands we use the mac to exceed the limit. It is not easy to update the models constantly. They arrive in Argentina and very high taxes are applied, the mac are considered exotic and expensive products, unfortunately.

I have been an Apple user since 1986, more than 30 years with the brand.

Returning to the problem: the solution was to buy a monitor (LG with hdmi input) and connect it to the displayport with an adapter for hdmi.

In the system preferences set the second monitor as the main one.

I am working and there are no blackout problems or black screen on the new monitor.

Black screen in iMac 27" - 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.