Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot setup screen time in my Family Sharing

Hi.

I managed to create a Family Sharing for me, my wife and my 2 kids. I was also able to setup, in the Shared Functionality iCloud storage and Location Sharing. The problem is that I'm unable to setup Screen Time as a Shared Functionality. Every time I try to enable it I'm taken to a wizard where I need to input my kids apple ID and password. After doing it I get a message saying that my kid is already added to the family and that's it, I cannot enable this functionality.

Can anyone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 7:07 AM

I finally managed to figure it out. The initial setup I had was myself (organizer) and my 2 kids (as child accounts).

I could enter the screen time wizard but no kid would show up there.

What I did (and worked) was add my wife and enabled her as responsible. Immediately after that I was able to see both my kids in the screen time wizard.

Thanks a lot for the help.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 7:07 AM in response to Eric Root

I finally managed to figure it out. The initial setup I had was myself (organizer) and my 2 kids (as child accounts).

I could enter the screen time wizard but no kid would show up there.

What I did (and worked) was add my wife and enabled her as responsible. Immediately after that I was able to see both my kids in the screen time wizard.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Aug 19, 2019 1:44 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi. Thank you very much. The 2nd link was really helpful. I just had to start reading it to realize that my kid's accounts had an incorrect DOB. :-) But sadly it's still not working. I managed to change their DOB and so automatically change their accounts into Child accounts, but when I enter the Screen Time screen, instead of having my kid's accounts to choose and setup, I get a blank screen. I know that at least my daughter is running iOS 12 (not sure about my son, maybe not). Is this a bug or am I missing something? I read the link and in the comments below it does mention a potential bug. Anyone knows if there's a way around it?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

I cannot setup screen time in my Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.