Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a hard time logging into my account n downloading apps.

Hello I am having a hard time logging into my account n downloading apps. It keeps saying my account is locked due to security questions but I have changed it but it keeps saying that every time

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 7:05 PM

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID. And if you have a recovery key, you can use it to help you regain access to your account.

If you use security questions with your Apple ID, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

Learn more

After you change your password, you might need to update it in your iCloud settings and in any Apple services that you sign in to with your Apple ID. Learn more about your Apple ID and where you can use it.

If you see a message that says your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes, contact Apple Support for help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 7:05 PM in response to MissCoughlin

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID. And if you have a recovery key, you can use it to help you regain access to your account.

If you use security questions with your Apple ID, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

Learn more

After you change your password, you might need to update it in your iCloud settings and in any Apple services that you sign in to with your Apple ID. Learn more about your Apple ID and where you can use it.

If you see a message that says your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes, contact Apple Support for help.

Having a hard time logging into my account n downloading apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.