Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

So I have gotten a Apple Watch from last Christmas and I logged into my Apple ID and set it up and everything well my phone broke got a new number and changed the Apple ID now my Apple Watch is in activation lock there is no way I can get into the Watch with my old Apple ID is there a way apple could reset it and erase that or ?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 2:57 AM

You have to login to the old Apple ID and do this yourself. The old account will still be there, you just need to connect and use it. If you can remember the login details just use a web browser, https://appleid.apple.com/. If you can’t remember all the details please see the links below.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

There is no reason you would need a new Apple ID just because you got a new phone, so your other option would be to reset the new phone and connect the original Apple ID. You can then restore any iCloud backup and it should hookup your watch at the same time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2019 2:57 AM in response to madisongnichole

You have to login to the old Apple ID and do this yourself. The old account will still be there, you just need to connect and use it. If you can remember the login details just use a web browser, https://appleid.apple.com/. If you can’t remember all the details please see the links below.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

There is no reason you would need a new Apple ID just because you got a new phone, so your other option would be to reset the new phone and connect the original Apple ID. You can then restore any iCloud backup and it should hookup your watch at the same time.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.