Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to reinstall iWork '09

I need to install iWork on my mini running 10.11.6 - I don't have it in any of the install disks that I have on hand. The App Store version requires 10.13, and so won't work for me. How can I get a version that will work with 10.11.6? Thanks

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 7:27 AM

You will need the retail iWork '09 DVD, which Apple has not retailed since Fall 2013. Apple has no downloadable full installer for iWork '09 either. The retail iWork '09 DVD is available from Amazon and Ebay resellers. If you go that route, and install the retail iWork '09 DVD, then for El Capitan compatibility, you should also apply the iWork Update 9.3 to it which provides the last versions of the individual applications.

Because the iWork '09 DVD installs component libraries into System locations, one cannot simply restore the iWork '09 applications from a prior Time Machine backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2019 7:27 AM in response to Ed_too

You will need the retail iWork '09 DVD, which Apple has not retailed since Fall 2013. Apple has no downloadable full installer for iWork '09 either. The retail iWork '09 DVD is available from Amazon and Ebay resellers. If you go that route, and install the retail iWork '09 DVD, then for El Capitan compatibility, you should also apply the iWork Update 9.3 to it which provides the last versions of the individual applications.

Because the iWork '09 DVD installs component libraries into System locations, one cannot simply restore the iWork '09 applications from a prior Time Machine backup.

need to reinstall iWork '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.