Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Music won't stay on iPhone.

I pretty much only purchase music from the iTunes Store. I purchase the music and it will stay there for about 48 hours and then it will disappear from my phone. I follow all the steps to re-download the music and it starts downloading then stops again. Help?!?! I just want the music I purchased on my phone to stay on my phone.

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 9:33 AM

3 replies

Aug 20, 2019 6:15 AM in response to Din0mama

Hey Din0mama,

I see you have some concerns with downloaded music being removed from the device. I'll be happy to help.

Is your iPhone currently low on storage? You can use the steps in this article to check your storage space as well as follow the recommendations listed there to make space available: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Here's some other tips for optimizing storage space: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

Keep us updated. Cheers!

Aug 20, 2019 1:15 PM in response to Din0mama

Hey Din0mama,

Thanks for reaching back out. Are you signed in with your Apple ID on any other devices? If so, iCloud Music Library may be the reason songs are missing and needing to be redownloaded, as iCloud Music Library syncs songs across devices: Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If that's not the case, sign out and sign back in to the App Store and iTunes Store on the iPhone using these steps: Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV - Apple Support. Be aware that signing out may remove Apple Music content from the device and will need to be redownloaded again.

Let us know how this works out for you. Cheers!

Purchased Music won't stay on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.