Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD Pro 12.9 inch white spot patch spreading

Does anyone know what should i do to fix and prevent my ipad pro white spot patch to keep spreading to the whole screen ?

My ipad pro is a 1st gen so it’s definitely out of warranty, i tried to ask apple on ways to fix this problem but as usual they pretend as if they don’t know about this bright white spot problem, act innocent and need to pay a huge amount to fix upon book appointment

I asked apple do i need to pay the bill for apple own manufactured defect and they innocently answered me YES

So anyone can help me on this problem to stop it from keep spreading, because my white spot doesn’t just stayed there but it was spreading like disease day by day my screen annoyed me

Any input would be greatly appreciated 👍🏻

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 7:09 PM

No, but it lets me see where the problem lies and lets people who are not aware of this issue know too.

8 replies

Aug 19, 2019 7:27 PM in response to Xiaomaolee

This appears to be a somewhat isolated screen issue with the 2017 iPad Pro models.

And, once again, only limited to a very small percentage of 10.5 inch iPad Pro models.

So, how will this help you?

As I continue to state, this is not a common issue/defect and appears to only affect a very, VERY small minority of 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro users.

We aren't even seeing this issue in these official Apple iPad support communities and I monitor these communities every single day.

How does this help you?

Aug 19, 2019 11:24 AM in response to Xiaomaolee

We can't tell you what is causing this. We also can't tell you how to fix it. I don't see many posts from others with the same issue. You're only choice if it bothers you is to take to your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options. Apple does not fix or replace iPad screens. They offer out of warranty replacement for about 60% of the price of the unit when it was new.

Sorry and good luck.

Aug 19, 2019 1:45 PM in response to Xiaomaolee

This is not a normal manufacturing defect that we see in these iPad support communities.

I have the same nearly 4-year old 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro and I do not have this issue.

There is no real way to know, for sure, if this is Apple's fault or something just happened with your iPad hardware over time from use.

So, your choices now are very limited.

Pay for a 40% off discount for a replacement iPad Pro of the same year and model as yours or live with this issue.

OR

Purchase another new iPad or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple's Website.

Newer iPads now support the 1st gen Apple Pencil, now, so there are more iPad/Apple Pencil options, now, in Apple’s iPad lineup.

Your screen issue is an very rare and isolated issue.

So Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Aug 19, 2019 7:18 PM in response to Xiaomaolee

Here's the thing. You found a thread with 50 posts, some are repeat comments, so in all honesty, less than 50 people. This is statistically insignificant when you consider Apple sold literally millions of the same iPad.

The reality is the only voice which matters in this, is Apple's voice. You need to schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar and see what if anything, they will or won't do for you. If I were you, mentioning a thread in another forum, which is not an Apple Forum, most definitely won't help you or be in your best interest.

There is still absolutely nothing anyone here can do for you. And the assertion that this is not a common issue is still fact. I'm sorry it's happened to you, but the vast majority don't have this issue.

IPAD Pro 12.9 inch white spot patch spreading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.