Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic support with new media apps

Are the old iPod classic supported on the new media apps

iPod Nano (6th Gen)

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Snowman57 wrote:

Apple did away with iTunes it’s no longer available on the newer operating system.

That's a very misleading statement. In fact I would go as far as suggesting that your statement is incorrect.

The upcoming operating system for Mac OS (Mac OS Catalina) will split the existing functions of iTunes into three separate and distinct apps. Anyone who continues to use the existing versions of Mac OS will not be affected by this change. There has been no announcement about iTunes for Windows, which means that it will continue to operate in the same way as now.

So nothing is changing unless you use Mac OS and decide to upgrade to Catalina. Even then, my understanding is that you will still be able to connect an iPod Classic to your music library. Considering the age of the Classic, it's just as likely that your Classic will fail due to old age. Mine already has done so.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 2:47 PM in response to Snowman57

Snowman57 wrote:

Apple did away with iTunes it’s no longer available on the newer operating system.

That's a very misleading statement. In fact I would go as far as suggesting that your statement is incorrect.

The upcoming operating system for Mac OS (Mac OS Catalina) will split the existing functions of iTunes into three separate and distinct apps. Anyone who continues to use the existing versions of Mac OS will not be affected by this change. There has been no announcement about iTunes for Windows, which means that it will continue to operate in the same way as now.

So nothing is changing unless you use Mac OS and decide to upgrade to Catalina. Even then, my understanding is that you will still be able to connect an iPod Classic to your music library. Considering the age of the Classic, it's just as likely that your Classic will fail due to old age. Mine already has done so.

iPod classic support with new media apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.