Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture This App

I was just going to try this app and today I got an invoice. How can I cancel the subscription.

GraceA4

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 2:24 PM

13 replies

Sep 3, 2019 5:19 PM in response to sberman

This is what I was sent. And I have tried to cancel but not given the option. I tried to change it to 1 month but they will only add that onto the 1 year.

Grace

Dear Grace,

You’ve purchased the following subscription with a 1‑week free trial:

Subscription

Premium limited time offer

App

PictureThis - Plant Identifier

Content Provider

Glority LLC

Date of Purchase

Aug 07, 2019

Introductory Offer

Free for 1 week

Subscription Price

$24.99/year starting Aug 14, 2019

Payment Method

MasterCard .... 2210

You won’t be charged for the free trial. After the free trial ends, your subscription will renew at $24.99 unless cancelled by Aug 13, 2019.

To learn more or cancel, review your subscription.

Regards,

Apple

Sep 13, 2019 3:19 PM in response to GraceA4

Like others here, I do not work for Apple. I (and others here) cannot speak for Apple.

As an outsider, let me repeat the view I expressed above.

”Well, you were given a one week free trial on August 7. So your paid period started August 14, which was five days before your original post above. So you now have purchased a year’s use, which will end on August 13, 2020.”

Subscriptions placed using Apple’s methods are not cancellable or refundable after they’ve started.

Be certain you cancel any subscription you have, so you are not charged again next August.

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Sep 3, 2019 6:02 PM in response to GraceA4

Well, you were given a one week free trial on August 7. So your paid period started August 14, which was five days before your original post above. So you now have purchased a year’s use, which will end on August 13, 2020. Before that time, try the “review your subscription” link in the confirmation note you attached above. If that doesn’t provide satisfactory results, contact the app vendor.

Sep 13, 2019 1:14 PM in response to GraceA4

I contacted the vendor Picture This and got an email from Julia and she directs me back to Apple saying that if I want a refund, I have to contact Apple directly since only they can give refunds. She gave me this to open in web browser: https://getsupport.apple.com and to click 'Billing & Subscriptions" followed by "Subscriptions & Purchases". I did all that and the automatic reply I get is that I do not qualify for a refund - PERIOD. I am so angry. Apple makes it so difficult to control what you try out and they won't listen. This is worse than a SCAM ARTIST. Nothing but tears on this end!!

Grace Anema

Picture This App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.