Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing High Sierra from boot disk and nothing happens

I installed a new hard drive from iFixit and then purchased a High Sierra boot disk from a reputable source online. Everything worked fine until I got to the step in "Install macOS" from the Utilities menu. I arrowed down to the selection and pressed [enter]. Nothing happens.

Ideas? I'd prefer not to start over in the event I make it worse.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 8:36 AM

If you have access to another Mac, sign into the App Store using your Apple ID, and then follow Eau Rouge's download links/instructions. If necessary, go back to the Apple Store with a USB drive to obtain a copy of High Sierra.

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 20, 2019 7:36 AM in response to Lexiepex

I am working with a 2011 MacPro. I think the OS I was using at the time I replaced the hard drive was also High Sierra. The Genius Bar told me a needed a new hard drive and referred me to iFIXit.com to buy a new one. Installation was easy but it appears I should have gone to a different source for my installer. Looks like I could have gone to Apple instead.

Installing High Sierra from boot disk and nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.