Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading photos

I want to upload photos from my iPhone to an external device, not the macbook photo library. How do I do this? Also, how do I copy my photos in the photo library to an external device?

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 9:24 AM

• To copy the photos from your iPhone to a folder on an external drive connect the iPhone to a USB port and launch Image Capture. It lets you import the photos to some folder you select.

Also, how do I copy my photos in the photo library to an external device?

Do you want to copy the Photos Library with all photos to an external drive? Then you can just drag and drop the library to the external drive using the Finder.

If you want to save the photos somewhere else, select the photos in Photos, then use the command "File > Export > Export unmodified Originals" to save your photos in the highest quality.

If you use "File > Export > Export ... Photos" instead, you can save the edited versions of your photos, but you have to select a very high quality and the original image size. By default you will get a slightly reduced image size.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 9:24 AM in response to Dertz_33

• To copy the photos from your iPhone to a folder on an external drive connect the iPhone to a USB port and launch Image Capture. It lets you import the photos to some folder you select.

Also, how do I copy my photos in the photo library to an external device?

Do you want to copy the Photos Library with all photos to an external drive? Then you can just drag and drop the library to the external drive using the Finder.

If you want to save the photos somewhere else, select the photos in Photos, then use the command "File > Export > Export unmodified Originals" to save your photos in the highest quality.

If you use "File > Export > Export ... Photos" instead, you can save the edited versions of your photos, but you have to select a very high quality and the original image size. By default you will get a slightly reduced image size.

Uploading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.