Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Vista no longer supports iTunes. Whats the solution?

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 9:23 PM

5 replies

Aug 20, 2019 8:23 AM in response to jimmyfromellijay

It is more accurate to say that Apple does not support Vista any more in terms of the latest iTunes versions although Microsoft also don't support Vista either!

Either as turingtest2 states you need to upgrade to a newer version of Windows or you could continue to run an old out of date version of iTunes which whilst it will no longer support the latest iPhone models or the iTunes store would let you work locally with older iPhones.

I can't think of a reason to use Vista over Windows 7, I can think of a reason to use Windows 7 over Windows 10 which is the support for Windows Media Centre.

Aug 20, 2019 8:51 AM in response to jimmyfromellijay

Microsoft are discontinuing support for Windows 7 in January 2020 (they took over my Windows 7 machine just so they could tell me).

It may make more sense to start using Windows 10 as soon as you can. I have to replace my desktop before January as Microsoft took great delight* in also informing me that my machine will no longer be able to update to Windows 10.

* The "great delight " comment is hyperbole.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.