Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max won't turn on

Over the last three months, this has happened about 3-4 times. I'm using my iPhone normally. Screen blanks. Lifting or touching the iPhone doesn't activate the screen, it's blank. Pressing the buttons doesn't help. As outlined here, I have to "Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the device restarts."

This happens sproradically and I don't know how to reproduce. Anyone else have this problem? What's causing this? My iPhone is about 10 months old. Could this be a hardware issue?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 8:21 AM

Just in case you may have missed anything in trying to resolve this, check out the following article to see if it can help:

If that doesn't help, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 8:21 AM in response to sajeeeee

Just in case you may have missed anything in trying to resolve this, check out the following article to see if it can help:

If that doesn't help, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

iPhone XS Max won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.