Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing office 2019 on a mac air

I setup a new Mac Air. I transferred all files from my old Mac Air including Office 2011. I purchased Office 2019 and installed it this morning. The download and install appeared to go ok, but I cannot activate it with the Office 2019 activtion code. I think it is trying to activate the old version of Office - not sure but the name Office 2011 does appear. How can I activate the new Office 2019? Thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 9:28 AM

karenp 1958 Said:

...the name Office 2011 does appear. How can I activate the new Office 2019?

———-

This is a question for Microsoft. So, contact them. Go Here: Contact Us – Virtual Agent — Microsoft Support. Proceed from there as necessary.

Important: Before you uninstall anything, create a Time Machine backup for restoration — that way no installed applications are lost, should this fail. Go Here. Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 9:28 AM in response to karenp1958

karenp 1958 Said:

...the name Office 2011 does appear. How can I activate the new Office 2019?

———-

This is a question for Microsoft. So, contact them. Go Here: Contact Us – Virtual Agent — Microsoft Support. Proceed from there as necessary.

Important: Before you uninstall anything, create a Time Machine backup for restoration — that way no installed applications are lost, should this fail. Go Here. Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

Installing office 2019 on a mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.