Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song cannot be found or located

When I click on a purchased song I get an error message that the song could not be used because the original file could not be found. When I click on 'Locate" it does not find it.

HELP!!

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 1:29 PM

That message means iTunes can't find the music file, either you've deleted it, renamed it, or moved it. Either copy it back from your backup of the computer, or if it's still in the store delete it from the Music section of your iTunes library (where you are trying to play it) and redownload it : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 1:29 PM in response to Slwlee24

That message means iTunes can't find the music file, either you've deleted it, renamed it, or moved it. Either copy it back from your backup of the computer, or if it's still in the store delete it from the Music section of your iTunes library (where you are trying to play it) and redownload it : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Song cannot be found or located

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.