Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine back-ups stopped the day I installed Mojave

I have removed the plist and rebooted. I have unplugged the time capsule and rebooted. My older mac, still backs up regularly to the same Time Capsule. The things that have been different: I did a full back up to a second drive using USB connection before installing Mojave. I also had installed Sophos anti-virus but have since removed it. I get "preparing back up" but that just goes on forever. And from time to time I will get a reading that says last back up XX days ago, August 1. I have unticked the box that says automatically back up and then reticked it. It seems something having to do with the Mojave update has caused this glitch? One more item, while my back-up Time Capsule is nearly full, it had been routinely deleting old backups as it added new ones. I am at a total loss right now.

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 1:42 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 21, 2019 12:28 PM in response to Teddy_B

I appreciate the link however I checked that before posting. I've been through all the suggested steps. Last night I even watched as it took several hours to verify backups. It eventually reached 100%, "prepared" to back up for an endless amount of time and then stopped. This is frustrating as it's been 19 days now since the last automatic backup and coincidentally, 19 days since installing Mojave. Thank you for your time.

Time Machine back-ups stopped the day I installed Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.