Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes files in disorder

My Mac was stolen with HD of backup I found on old library on an old Mac I transferred files from old Mac to a new external HD a than from this to the new Mac Now a lot of files of the songs have the wrong titles on the wrong music help me !!! Also the pictures are wrong

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 22, 2019 10:39 PM in response to livio257

livio257 Said:

"Now a lot of files of the songs have the wrong titles on the wrong music help me !!! Also the pictures are wrong"

-------

Import songs from CDs into iTunes on Mac

You would need to burn all of this to an Audio CD. So, find all MP3 files through use of this External HD and then burn all the media disc as an Audio CD. Then, import it all from the Audio CD; everything (Album Artwork, Album names, Length, etc.) should be found and added to each and every file. So, Choose mp3 as the Import Options.

In All, Being so Tricky, I Recommend you Contact Apple Support:

Aug 21, 2019 1:31 PM in response to livio257

Hey there livio257,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your having some issues with your iTunes titles and albums covers after moving them over from an older Mac. I’ll be happy to help with this.

You mentioned you moved your files over to an external drive then to your new Mac. You may want to consider using Migration Assistant to copy all your files over. This can often prevent issues like the one you’re reporting from occurring. You can read more about using Migration Assistant here:

How to move your content to a new Mac

If you want to just edit the existing song info in iTunes, you can use the steps from this link to help:

Change song and CD info in iTunes on Mac

For info on how to add and edit the album artwork in iTunes, you can follow the steps from this link:

Add artwork to content in iTunes on Mac 

Best wishes.

Aug 22, 2019 9:32 PM in response to CarlAVII

To import music Can I take a group of folders ( ex: all folders beginning with A) from old ITunes folder transfer on external disk and than on the new folder in new ITunes The question is how can I do with files acquired in I tunes store Is better before import from store and than from old iTunes folder ? Or the other way around?

itunes files in disorder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.