Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock/unlock is missing on iOS 12

Can someone help me find this feature pls? it's missing on iOS12, therefore because i can't uninstall,install and recieve notifications without it because if that is turned on in my ipad this issue above is happening. That feature is still there before i factory reset my ipad and after that it's all gone. PS: I used smart cover before and after i used in for 1 month the issue happens and i never used smart cover ever again.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 5:18 AM

Because i cant turn off my ipad manually by pressing my power button i really need to off that feature. Also as i mentioned i cant uninstall or install and allow or grant access sending Pic or etc.

edit: even smart cover doesn’t make my iPad turn on now with that feature, i really need that setting to fix this problem.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 5:18 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Because i cant turn off my ipad manually by pressing my power button i really need to off that feature. Also as i mentioned i cant uninstall or install and allow or grant access sending Pic or etc.

edit: even smart cover doesn’t make my iPad turn on now with that feature, i really need that setting to fix this problem.

Aug 21, 2019 4:51 AM in response to Genesis224

The lock/unlock setting will ONLY be present if your iPad is in a case with a smart cover. Since you say you no longer use the smart cover the setting will no longer be present. To get it back, your iPad will need to be in a case with a smart cover. All it does is turn your screen on and off when you open the cover from the iPad screen.

If you are not using a smart cover, why do you feel you need the setting?

Aug 21, 2019 5:55 AM in response to Genesis224

Then you have another problem, unrelated to this setting.

Try rebooting your iPad. Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go.

If this doesn't work, you need to schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options.

Lock/unlock is missing on iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.