Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my safari search in google switch to bing?

I type into safari search - which is set to Google- and when it comes on the screen it switches to Bing, I do not want bing for my searches

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 9:08 AM

Hello!

This may be due to one or more extensions or programs that you have installed on your Mac. I would recommend you first verify within the Safari preferences/setting that you have the search set that you want. Once you do that, check and see which extensions you have installed and try turning those off or removing them.

Let me know if this helps or not!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 9:08 AM in response to fayelwolf

Hello!

This may be due to one or more extensions or programs that you have installed on your Mac. I would recommend you first verify within the Safari preferences/setting that you have the search set that you want. Once you do that, check and see which extensions you have installed and try turning those off or removing them.

Let me know if this helps or not!

Aug 21, 2019 9:23 AM in response to fayelwolf

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-bing-redirect-virus.html

How to get rid of Bing.com Redirect - Virus removal guide

why does my safari search in google switch to bing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.