Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts are not showing up on my new phone

Hi,

I recently switched over from the iPhone 8 to the XR. My last backup for the 8 was four days ago however, my contacts are not showing up on my new phone.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 10:23 AM

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, they won't be part of the backup. Check Settings/Your Name/iCloud to make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID and that Contacts syncing is on. Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Contacts - Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 10:23 AM in response to Jared-Bjornberg

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, they won't be part of the backup. Check Settings/Your Name/iCloud to make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID and that Contacts syncing is on. Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Contacts - Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

My contacts are not showing up on my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.