Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote: How to REMOVE a saved color from the Format > Style panel?

How to REMOVE a saved color from Keynote's Format > Style panel?

Adding/Replacing a new color is easy enough but, after all new colors are included, I have more color/gradient/image fills that I do not want to include in my new Keynote theme.

• I have tried to pull to the trash can, as that is successful in the Color Palette (small lower squares) = no luck
  • I have tried to delete via the keyboard, as that is also successful in the Color Palette = no luck
  • I have tried to simply drag/drop outside of the Fill Container (like removing a guide) = no luck
  • I have tried to right click of a saved color fill for any additional options = no luck

Currently running:

macOS : 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Keynote : 9.1

PLEASE and THANKS!

Related to https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7385955

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 12:58 PM

OK these are the fill colour presets:

the colour can be changed, but the chips must have a colour present in them (colour can not be deleted from the chips)

also each chip must be filled with a different colour

So if the current fills bother you, fill them with a set of greys for example:

6 replies

Aug 27, 2019 9:55 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary! Definitely wish the unwanted chips could be deleted like in the palette and saved styles but this solution at least makes it for quicker useable options.

Last question - will the saved palette, chips, and styles all remain in the saved Theme, when emailed to others? Or do they need to be exported and shared separately?

Keynote: How to REMOVE a saved color from the Format > Style panel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.