Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR won’t open apps or turn off

Hi, my iPhone randomly started doing this last night. I’ve tried doing the hard reset where press each volume button and then hold the power but that doesn’t do anything either. Some help would be very appreciated.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 6:27 PM

Hey abbyopia,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone is unresponsive. I definitely depend on my iPhone so i know how important it is to get this resolved, and I'm happy to help.

Great job attempted the Force Restart! Since that didn't resolve this, I recommend working through the rest of the steps in the link below.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Thanks again, and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2019 6:27 PM in response to abbyopia

Hey abbyopia,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone is unresponsive. I definitely depend on my iPhone so i know how important it is to get this resolved, and I'm happy to help.

Great job attempted the Force Restart! Since that didn't resolve this, I recommend working through the rest of the steps in the link below.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Thanks again, and have a great day!

iPhone XR won’t open apps or turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.