Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone read my messages

If someone knows my Apple ID & password can they read my text messages, view all of my photos and see everything I do on my phone & Ipad?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 3:01 PM

Hello!

This depends on how you have your data set up to be stored. If you are using iCloud messages and storing your photos in iCloud, then yes someone who has your login information does have the ability to view your data. However, even with your login information if you have two factor authentication turned on for your account, which I think is on by default, you will be required to verify and input a security code before fully logging in.

Let me know if this helps or if you have further questions!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2019 3:01 PM in response to Greeneyes1965

Hello!

This depends on how you have your data set up to be stored. If you are using iCloud messages and storing your photos in iCloud, then yes someone who has your login information does have the ability to view your data. However, even with your login information if you have two factor authentication turned on for your account, which I think is on by default, you will be required to verify and input a security code before fully logging in.

Let me know if this helps or if you have further questions!

Can anyone read my messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.