Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHEN DOES APPLE WARRANTY START ? PRODUCT DELIVERED DATE OR INVOICE DATE ?

I HAVE ORDERED ON 31.07.2019 AND GOT DELIVERED ON 05.08.2019.

I HAVE ACTIVATED THE PRODUCT ON 06.08.2019.

WHEN WILL THE DATE OR WARRANTY WILL START ?

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 2:05 AM

The free, standard, one-year AppleCare plan starts on the day you purchased the device from Apple, which is the invoice date.

If you decide, to purchase two, extended AppleCare+ ( which I wholly and strongly recommend, as the free one-year plan DOES NOT cover any accidental or incidental iPad damage ) you have 60 days from the purchase ( invoice ) date to purchase the two-year extended coverage plan.

AppleCare Products - iPad - Apple

Good Luck to You!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 2:05 AM in response to RAMESHRAM194

The free, standard, one-year AppleCare plan starts on the day you purchased the device from Apple, which is the invoice date.

If you decide, to purchase two, extended AppleCare+ ( which I wholly and strongly recommend, as the free one-year plan DOES NOT cover any accidental or incidental iPad damage ) you have 60 days from the purchase ( invoice ) date to purchase the two-year extended coverage plan.

AppleCare Products - iPad - Apple

Good Luck to You!

Aug 23, 2019 2:27 AM in response to RAMESHRAM194

If this is what Apple customer service told you then fine, the free, one year plan, usually starts from date of purchase, so to be careful. ( because there is 7 day difference ) assume the purchase date, so you do not miss the the window of opportunity to purchase the additional extended, two-year warranty coverage.

Here is an except from the AppleCare section of Apple’s Website

“2. When Coverage Begins and Ends.

Coverage begins when you purchase the Plan and ends on the date specified in your Plan Confirmation (“Coverage Period”). To obtain your Plan Confirmation register your Covered Equipment and your Plan’s registration number (“Plan Agreement Number”) with Apple. If auto-registration is available, your sales receipt will be your Plan Confirmation. The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your service contract. The price of the Plan is contained in the original sales receipt. The hardware service and technical support coverage provided by the Plan is additional to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s hardware warranty and complimentary technical support. ”

Do what you will.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.