Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"some updates could not be installed". I am getting this message and could not complete my MacOS 10.14.6 installation.

What should I do. And this is happening in my new Macbook Air mid 2019. In which I just finished doing the migration from my Macbook Air mid 2011MacOS Sierra.

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 7:02 AM

Hello Bram79,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see that you're receiving an error message after recently migrating content to your new MacBook Air. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

First, I recommend using the following resource to download the latest macOS Combo Update:

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update

If the issue persists test in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include additional error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 7:02 AM in response to Bram79

Hello Bram79,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see that you're receiving an error message after recently migrating content to your new MacBook Air. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

First, I recommend using the following resource to download the latest macOS Combo Update:

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update

If the issue persists test in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include additional error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

"some updates could not be installed". I am getting this message and could not complete my MacOS 10.14.6 installation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.