Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to Mojave from mountain lion

MacBook pro mid2012 isx 10.8.5 new HD installed w old factory settings, cannot upgrade to high Sierra or Mojave.

Have tried clicking on the Apple menu, no app updates available.

From app store, clicking on Get from Mojave page I get a "verification required" message requesting billing info verification. Clicking on the billing information button, I get a 'software update required' message. To make changes to billing info an update to the latest version of Mac os... Cannot even access iTunes because it says that the file iTunes library. Itl file cannot be read as it was created by a more recent version of iTunes. What to do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 10:21 AM

You need to update the payment information from a different computer or device(if done on a Mac, it needs to be running 10.9 or newer), or click here and contact Apple.

GSTRIB5: Those are how-to articles and not intended for people who encounter problems while upgrading.

(173817)

6 replies

Aug 23, 2019 10:22 AM in response to GSTRIB5

I think he has just explained that he has tried through the App Store, but the App Store will not allow it as he needs to update his payment methods, and when enquiring on how to do that he is told to upgrade his OS but he can't do that until he updates his payment method in the App Store, but in order to do that he needs to upgrade his OS, but in order to upgrade his OS he

has to update his payment method etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Aug 23, 2019 12:21 PM in response to Niel

Thanks Niel it was helpful. I had to download Apple Music on my Android smartphone and begrudgingly agree to a monthly subscription (albeit with a free trial period) and then update the billing info and form of payment. Then went back to the Mac and this time the upgrade to Mojave was initialized. It's been installed now, veeery slowly. Thank you so much again.

Upgrade to Mojave from mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.