Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo transfer

how do I transfer photos on my iPad to my iMac?

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 10:56 AM

Connect your iPad to your Mac, which should see it as a digital camera and upload the photos to a photo file on the Mac.

OR: Use a cloud based photo app, like Google Photos, Amazon or Dropbox as examples.

You can also use iCloud as a means of syncing them automatically from iPad to iCloud on the Mac. You need to use the same Apple ID on both Mac and iPad, then turn photos on in iCloud on the iPad and the Mac.

But note: iCloud is a syncing service, not an archival service. If you use iCloud and you delete a photo from the cloud on any device, they will delete in all places.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 10:56 AM in response to John Burke2

Connect your iPad to your Mac, which should see it as a digital camera and upload the photos to a photo file on the Mac.

OR: Use a cloud based photo app, like Google Photos, Amazon or Dropbox as examples.

You can also use iCloud as a means of syncing them automatically from iPad to iCloud on the Mac. You need to use the same Apple ID on both Mac and iPad, then turn photos on in iCloud on the iPad and the Mac.

But note: iCloud is a syncing service, not an archival service. If you use iCloud and you delete a photo from the cloud on any device, they will delete in all places.

photo transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.