Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I use my laptop my screen turns black

So last night I grabbed my laptop by the top to adjust it and it cracked my inner screen and now when I use it the screen turns black. Please help I start classes on Monday and I need my laptop

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 2:14 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 2:14 PM in response to Ccraquel97

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Aug 23, 2019 2:26 PM in response to Ccraquel97

Ccraquel97 Said:

"So last night I grabbed my laptop by the top to adjust it and it cracked my inner screen"

Is this Covered by Any Warranty?

Locate your nearest local Apple Store and take this in for a “Genius Bar Appointment". See if this can be deemed a faulty device.

I'd have no clue as to why it would just crack. But, whatever the reason, take it in, and find out the price to get the screen replaced. My former MacBook Pro had its screen replaced 11 times, all due to being loosely fitted into the screen.

It might be a bit up there in price, or it might be deemed a faulty device, making it cost free. But just know that whatever the reason found, ultimately, it's Apple's call.

To Contact Apple, you Can Start by Using this Information:

When I use my laptop my screen turns black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.