Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment methods & family sharing

a while back i had joined my friends family sharing plan. i was having no problems until recently. today i tried to make a $1 in-app purchase with the itunes balance i had remaining. i have around $3 remaining. but every time i try and make that purchase it tells me i need to "verify a payment method" the card that is present is not mine, so i cannot verify it. is there any way i can get around this so i can use my itunes balance? i do not want to use my friends money for this so i dont want to verify his card if the money will be taken off of it. it also will not allow me to edit and remove the payment method. even if i log into the appleid website and change it from there, it will automatically go back to having that card as a payment method.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 9:43 AM

You will either need to leave the Family Share, or get the Organiser in your actual family to confirm their payment method

Similar questions

1 reply

payment methods & family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.