Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple ID how do I recover my 2tb storage plan from old id

I created a new Apple ID but when I go to manage data my 2 TB iCloud storage plan I pay for isn’t activated

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 4:38 PM

You cannot transfer content between AppleIDs. That 2TB storage subscription is tied to your other AppleID and the iCloud account used with it, and cannot be transferred as can no other purchased apps or content.

Why did you create a new AppleID if you wanted to keep the same iCloud account? If you just wanted to change the email used with the previous AppleID, all you had to do was edit that AppleID - Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. That way, all your Apple accounts (iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, the App, iTunes & iBook store accounts and purchase history, etc) and their purchases would not be changed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 4:38 PM in response to Double_Helix

You cannot transfer content between AppleIDs. That 2TB storage subscription is tied to your other AppleID and the iCloud account used with it, and cannot be transferred as can no other purchased apps or content.

Why did you create a new AppleID if you wanted to keep the same iCloud account? If you just wanted to change the email used with the previous AppleID, all you had to do was edit that AppleID - Change your Apple ID - Apple Support. That way, all your Apple accounts (iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, the App, iTunes & iBook store accounts and purchase history, etc) and their purchases would not be changed.

New Apple ID how do I recover my 2tb storage plan from old id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.